Friday, August 1, 2008

The Mom Club

I was helping my neighbor Ariel move across town yesterday. She has lived in SLC for only a short time as she moved here from Idaho Falls for obvious reasons, to not live in Idaho. Ariel's Mom came down from the potato capital just to help her move as Ariel has few friends here. As I was moving a box full of random things I stopped and cherished how great Mom's are. They come across state lines to help move, they lend money, some times ludicrous amounts of money, they sew things, they have Christmas cards in July just in case you need one, they buy you the expensive soft paper towels because they don't want their children to use cheap, rough Kroger brand ones (my Mom did that one), they drop everything if you need rescuing from a broken down car, they bring you lunch if you forgot yours, they run carpool and a large variety of other things. Mom's are the best and I empathize with anyone who does not have this kind of Mom. Now that I am in the Mom Club I can only hope I can be as resourceful and helpful to my little dude. Lucky for me I have employed the help of three other Moms, two spouses and one obsessed grandma to help with the baby watching and mental support needed for me to parent my child. Ha ... it takes a small herd of people for me to get the job done. So here's a halelujah to the people in my club ... Grandma Carole, Jessica, Erika, Merry and the two spouses Taylor and Craig who give Chandler his boy time.

Here's to the Mom Club.

3 comments:

Jess said...

ahhhh..... cute.
Taylors providing boy time today for both Chandler and Mattie..
you are a great mom already Keena.. I have already witnessed it..

Erika said...

Cherish every moment you have with your mom and to be a mom cause it will not be forever as much as we want it to, but we need to always remember the good times.

Unknown said...

There's an old Native American saying: "It takes a village to raise a child." So true!
Grandma