Thursday, August 7, 2008

Welcome to 2008

By the way, this post and the one previous were brought to you via my new computer, courtesy of my Mom, and my high speed Internet access.

I am not very computer savvy so when the Comcast guy arrived to install by Internet and I requested dial up ... he said, Lady, we now have high speed, welcome to 2008 ... okay, that is not exactly what happened but he had to explain to me in elementary terms that I needed a wireless router. Router? Is that like a satellite dish? Those were the words that came out of his mouth but I heard, "Blah blah, blah .... BLAH." Poor guy had to explain it to me twice and my Mom once (I had her at the store buying this magical device they call a router) He looked at me with a look of, oh bless you ignorant one. He ultimately was very professional and patient.

So none the less, the thing-a-ma-bob is installed and the Internet comes magically to my computer via wireless something or other.

The Comcast guy welcomes me to 2008.

2 comments:

Erika said...

OMG... please delete this before Bdog reads it, you will have to endore 8 hours of..if you hook the wireless router up to the ethernet via the access point you will be able to obtain 65 mega bites times faster then the old 62 mega bites.

Brandon said...

I dont know why your just throwing up all this technical stuff on your blog as if anyone is going to understand it. What gives?

Anyway what I hate is when they set the Access Point to 802.11G, everyone knows thats the same frequency as the microwave and home phones and you get all sorts of interference. You should get that switched to the other IEEE standard of 802.11a which is 5.2 GHZ instead of that 2.4GHZ garbage, I mean really. Besides you still get the same downstream.

My gosh.