Monday, August 25, 2008

Question ??

Currently I spend all my free time with Chandler ... but more specifically doing things "around Chandler" Things like staring, taking pictures, and organizing his stuff ... yaddy yaddy.

Let me elaborate ...

Things I Do On My Time Off
  • feed Chandler
  • take pictures of Chandler
  • take Chandler to Jessica's to have picture taken
  • edit pictures of Chandler
  • cut pictures out for scrapbook of Chandler
  • download pics of Chandler
  • order prints of pictures of Chandler
  • organize prints of pictures of Chandler
  • stare at Chandler ... the person ... not a picture
  • go through Chandler's little tiny outfits
  • take pictures again of Chandler
  • snuggle Chandler
  • organizing baby supplies

Get the idea ... So my questions is, does this obsession go away or at least fade a bit ... or will I forever be staring at my kid, organizing my kids belongings (his little clothes and diapers and all his little things) cataloguing his pictures ... and "hovering" as Jess says ?? I am completely content to just go through his room and stocking the diaper drawer and his wipey warmer, sort his outfits into the appropriate sizes, go through the apartment and make sure that every room has a clean burp cloth and tissues with in reach of where we hang out, making sure we have clean binkis stratigically placed in the house ... I can spend hours doing this kind of stuff and mind you my apartment is only about 800 square feet, you'd think I would get bored. How much time can one really spend organizing diapers?

3 comments:

Jess said...

You kill me, strategically placing Binkies around your apt? Oh Keena. I still sit and stare at Mattie for loooong periods of time and he's two... I also still love to sort out clothing for all my three kids.. I don't know what it is, but I like doing it.

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

I haven't outgrown that phase of staring yet, but I have outgrown putting the diapers away. They never quite make it to the closet that they are supposed to live in.
Sounds like you have a good obsession.

Unknown said...

You've become a 'devout' obsessive mom. Congrats and welcome to the club!