Sunday, August 3, 2008

Life is not always a song and dance but it should be ...

Tony Robbins says that what you do in the first hour of being awake can set the tone for the rest of your day. He encourages exercise with self affirmations. Since becoming a Mom, I don't have time in the morning to exercise and the self affirmations ... well ... let's just say I don't need to remind myself that I am amazing, beautiful, funny, smart, punctual, good at math, culinary goddess, thin'ish, caring, hard working, thoughtful, creative, and much more if you get my drift ... So i prefer to get ready for my day as usual and save my "tone setting" for the car with a little vehicular art of dance. For those of you that are unfamiliar I will explain so that you may start this practice in your next commute.

First you need to pick some tunes with a beat. My current CD of choice has been the Mamma Mia soundtrack. Next you will need to pull out an imaginary microphone. Add some spirit fingers and jolt your shoulders to the right and your hips to the left. Simple! Don't expect to be as good as me in the beginning but you too can become proficient in this art. I practice every morning and evening and it sets my tone high and mighty. Plus, you get some weird looks on the freeway.

2 comments:

Jess said...

you are a dork! love ya!

Erika said...

Tell me is there a talking stick involved...cause if so I'm in.