Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And the Winner Is ...

So my little Man was up until 1am this morning so I am tired .... I tell you that fact so you, reader, may understand the rest of this entry ...

If there was a contest to see how fast a human can rise out of bed, let the dog out, make breakfast, pack a lunch, brush ones teeth, get dressed, get the baby fed, get the baby dressed, put the baby in car seat, load the car with a breast pump, lunch sack, diaper bag, and work bag, retrieve dog that is walking herself and be in the car driving to work ... I would be the winner, I did it in 25 minutes this morning becasue I slept in as late as possible before I went into panic mode.

I still had 5 minutes to spare when I arrived at work ... had I known I had all that extra time I would have thrown in a load of laundry.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your morning scramble is called 'juggling' and women, especially mothers, are notorious for doing it so very well. Remarkable!

Jess said...

yep, It sounds like you're official now. offically a Mother. Motherhood. Its amazing what we can do.. I'm impressed. Sorry we couldnt chat.. I had meetings all day..Love ya.

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Impressive but how could you waste your five minutes? With that extra five minutes, you could of not only thrown in a load of laundry, but organized your CD collection by genre then favorites within that genre and then alphabatized those favorites with their respective genres and still get to work with two extra minutes left to spare. You're getting good, but you still have a lot to learn. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, for a minute I thought you were talking about me! I remember those days, wait I am still living them. In fact I did that this morning, I microwaved my egg beaters wolfing them down, tossed 3kids in the car, stuffed clothes and shoes in a bag, made a cup of coffee and still managed to make it to work with 2min to spare just to find out that I was being floated to an other floor.
Angie