Monday, August 11, 2008

Who's the Boss?

Today Chandler came down with the hick-a-choos* again. At the time that they plagued his little body, Chandler was preoccupied enjoying an afternoon binky. The hick-a-choos would make his little person levitate in his swing an inch or two sending the binky flying across the room. This did not please Chandler. Not accepting the fate of the hick-a-choo Chandler would beckon me to pick up said binky and place in his mouth. I of course was complacent to this about five times until the passing of the hick-a-choos.

It's funny how things work being in charge, or being the Mom, or being the boss ... we train our dogs to poop outside because we are in charge and they are our the pet, yet we follow them with a scoop to catch the poop and dispose of it. I am the Mom, but I drop everything to pick up and sanitize a piece of rubber time and time again at the drop of a squawk. Who is really boss here?

*Hick-a-Choo: The art of hick upping and sneezing simultaneously.
Refer to my July 23rd archives for further info.

My boss, and his bink that keep me employed as Mom.

No comments: