Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hick-a-Choo Fart ... Must be a Guy Thing

Now maybe some of you Moms already know what this phenomenon is ... but I, being a fairly new Mom have just discovered what "hick-a-choo fart" entails.

Late last night I was violently wakened from my slumber by my screaming newborn with cries reaching an all time volume high. Thinking he was hungry I immediately offered sustenance. I was wrong. I thought maybe it was a soggy diaper. I was wrong. I thought maybe he wanted to snuggle. I was wrong. After running out of ideas and my heart beginning to break from his screeching cries, I set Chandler on my lap in an upright position. What came next was inexplicable ... He proceeded to take one deep breath and then hick-upped, sneezed, and tooted in a span of two seconds. His fussiness immediately stopped and the little dude passed out in my lap then and there.

After mentioning the events of my witching hour to nurses at work, I was informed that this body function had a technical name ... "hick-a-choo fart". Apparently this rare but real body function occurs among infant males ... and some adult males. Must be a guy thing.

1 comment:

Jess said...

That's hilarious Keena! however it must not be limited to the male gender as I have witnessed my own two darling daughters experience the same phenomenon.