Monday, July 21, 2008

Dog Gone It

This is Anabelle, my companion of 13 years. I adopted her from the pound and while I was filling out the adoption papers at the desk another small person had picked her out with her
Dad. I had to pry Annabelle out of the arms of a screaming seven year old. That was a treat.
She is the only mutt worth approximately $4792 ... this is a compilation of vet bills, dog food and supplies, court costs, yes I said court cost, I had to show up in court for 'dog running at large' ... carpet cleaning expenses and grooming. One time she turned up missing and with in 45 minutes the pound was calling me saying they had her ... Already? ... 45 minutes? ... Did she take a cab to the pound? ... How on Earth did She get there so fast? It ended up costing me $150 to spring her out of doggy jail ... dog gone it.
She is now referred to as Grandma Annabelle because she is so ancient. She is a beloved member of the Hemphill family.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Ah, We love Anabelle, she's the best dog ever!